Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One way to build confidence

The good thing about doing something that makes you totally scared is coming to the realization that you can actually do it.
Very recently I did something that I over analyzed for more than a month, I thought long and hard whether I should do it or not.  Then the time came, the moment was here I had to face my fear or I could have continued fearing the unknown.  I must admit I backed out at first because the fear gripped me so tightly, I was really afraid.  My nerves and adrenal glands were in total shock the whole time.  My shirt was wet, because I was sweating so much but I  kept a smile on my face and acted totally cool to the outside world.  After I went through it all, I was still alive, I didn't lose any body parts and the best part was at the end I couldn't believe I went through with it.

What was this event?  It doesn't matter, all that matters is I faced a intense fear and got through it perfectly fine.  Now, I have all the confidence in the world that I'm able to do most anything because I got through this difficult situation.  It built my confidence.

You will need to face something you fear to get better in life.  The longer you wait, the more you may miss out on.  The key to conquering fear is to do more courageous things with your life.

If your fear is something like public speaking, talking to someone or a fear of snakes, realize all fears are the same they are only things you are afraid of.  It won't be about facing those things, it will be the realization that you can face ANYTHING once your biggest fears are out of the way. 

Now it's time to prepare yourself to face a fear.  What are you afraid of?

Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment