Thursday, June 9, 2011

Master your emotions instantly

Everyday as you get closer towards your goals, I'm sure you've noticed yourself going through different emotions, some motivate you and some can make you want to quite everything.
Once you learn the simple little fact that emotions can make you do everything.  It's almost as if you are a slave to them.  Don't believe me?  Think of the last time you were feeling a little depressed, how easy was it to do anything?  Same goes for excitement, last time you were excited, the world was your canvas.  You felt like you could do anything.

Having said what I said in the above paragraph some emotions lead you towards greatness and some towards failure.  I'm going to give you a little anagram that I like to use daily to keep myself in check.

F- FRUSTRATION
A-AGGRESSIVENESS (MISDIRECTED)
I- INSECURITY
L-LONELINESS
U-UNCERTAINTY
R-RESENTMENT
E-EMPTINESS

I carry this list with me in a journal and whenever I start feeling a little off, I check the list and I am able to recognize the emotion I'm feeling.  Once I recognize it, I quickly replace it with an emotion that is much more constructive.
I need you to realize you are never the emotion you feel, do not label yourself.  Emotions are there to guide you and never categorize yourself with an emotion.  Ask yourself have I ever said the following:

"I'm so depressed"
"I'm so lonely"
"I'm so sad"

Sound familiar?  Immediately stop letting the emotion beat you down, just check yourself daily for the emotions in the FAILURE anagram.

Today's action:

Get an index card and write down the failure anagram and make sure to check it when you feel a little down.  Once you recognize that your feeling one of the emotions, quickly replace it.  It's much easier than you think.  I didn't think it would work but it did.  I think it was seeing the giant word FAILURE beside an emotion.

Tomorrow, I will go over each emotion and let you know how to beat it.

Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment