Sunday, January 1, 2012

How to keep your resolution.

Happy New Year!

I'm sure you've made your New Year's resolution by now.  I wish I owned a gym at this point in my life, memberships will increase over the next couple of weeks and gyms will be packed with people that have purpose.  The energy will be great, and results will be seen.
Fast forward to March, and the gyms will still be making money from memberships even though people have stop going.  New years resolutions get forgotten later in the year and soon people will have put what they wanted so badly in January on hold till the following January.  It's a vicious circle.

How can I ensure this doesn't happen to me?

Over the last couple of weeks I've been studying a great program called "Living your best year ever" by Darren Hardy and he has reminded me that to make goals stick you need a "why" for what you are trying to achieve.
If your goal is getting in shape starting tomorrow, know why you are trying to get in shape. If you just want to get in shape to look better it's not a good enough "why", you will get bored with that.  Give yourself a better why, like:

I am in shape so I can fit in size______ for next years office party that will happen on December____.

Really define your goal, give yourself a date and get really personal as to how you will do it.  Then day-by-day work on that goal.

If you want this year to be your year while the rest of your friends forget what their resolutions were by February 11th, start to come up with a plan of action and a true "why" you want to achieve success this year!

Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment