Saturday, July 2, 2011

Think!

What makes one athlete better than an other?  It could be genetics, yet at a highly competitive level it comes down to preparation.  The nutritious food they put in their bodies, the rest and mental preparation and the constant amount of practice.   All this work can make them better by only a fraction of a second!   
The same goes for reaching your goals in life, prepare for every situation that could arise so you can have a clear train of thought when a difficult decision needs to be made.

This week I was faced with a confrontation, someone was very upset and out of anger started attacking my personality, morals and work ethic.  There was a time when I would have lashed out at that person, yet with some training I've been doing in conflict resolution, I listened and asked questions instead.  I put myself in their shoes and came up with a solution to the problem.  A year ago I would have left that situation with high blood pressure and both of us would have left the room a lot more angry than when we started speaking.  The preparation I took in case of this situation really paid off in the end.  I am extremely grateful for the time I took to learn a new skill.

Just because you are not faced with the issues daily, it's a fantastic idea to prepare for every possible problem that could come up on your way to reaching your goal.  Looking at the negatives is not a great way to reach your goals, yet you must be aware of some set backs that you could run into and figure out what you should do if they arise.


Today's action:

1.  Find 3 of your most common challenges you face towards you goal.

2.  Learn and practice what you could do if it happens. (Remember fire drills in school, same thing)

3.  Keep your focus on solutions not problems.


Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment