Thursday, July 7, 2011

Things are not as they seem

Have you ever said the words "this is to good to be true"?

Things are good for a reason, it's because you see them as good.  The same goes for seeing things as bad.  It's all about how you perceive things to be.

When you set your mind out to find something it can quickly spot it because your mind finds what it seeks.  This may be the reason why you feel things always go wrong, it's because you're expect it.  You look for the case worst scenarios and as soon as something slightly negative happens, you put all your focus towards that.
I think we may all be guilty of doing this, but understanding the principle is the first step in quitting this disgusting habit.

What you look at as negative, I may look at as a total positive. Let me give you an example.

In sales, when a customer says "no" to what I am selling them.  I look at this as an opportunity to ask questions and get them to buy more.  I realize "no" is only a defense mechanism, people have programed themselves to say "no" to salespeople.  The sale always begins at "no".
I've trained many people who automatically give up as soon as a customer refuses to buy. They look at "no" as a total negative  They just haven't learned the sales process yet. 

One person sees opportunity while one sees disaster.

Today's action:

1.  If your having a great day and everything is going your way, come to realize there is no such thing as "good" or "bad".

2.  It may take awhile to understand this principle, if you are going through a tuff time, things always seem to get better.  You'll see!

3.  If there is someone you look up to, ask yourself "How would they look at this situation?".  I look up to a man named Brian Tracy, I often ask myself  "What would Brian Tracy do?".

Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment