Friday, September 16, 2011

Shane's happy list

I want you to know life is going to be alright.....
 
When you sit down and watch something really funny like your favorite show or movie, the laughs are the best part.  I enjoy something a little different, it's telling people about what I saw.  You know what I'm talking about, you've done it too were you quote your favorite parts of the movie. And you get super bonus points if your friend quotes and acts out the parts with you.
This is because our minds are these huge warehouses full of memories.  Sometimes, like a photo album, we need to pull it off the shelf to check out some of life's best snap shots.

I want you to come up with a list of ten things that always bring a smile to your face no matter what happens.  Make it a promise list that if your ever feeling a little down you can look at this list a smile or bust out laughing.

I'm away from home quit a bit and sometimes I can get a little lonely. I have a list and I'm going to share it with you:

1. Seeing my family when I get back
2.  Watching my puppy freak out the second I walk in the door
3.  A joke I heard Dane Cook tell about sneezing...I crack up writing that one.
4.  Getting into trouble with my cousins growing up
5.  Monkeys (see even the word is funny)
6.  A few Seinfeld quotes. "HELLLOOOOO!" The talking belly button episode
7.  Phil, from the show "Modern Family"- I just have this feeling I have some of his dumb qualities
8.  Watching AMERICA'S FUNNIEST VIDEOS with the kids
9.  Thinking of times when I laughed so hard I drooled
10. The safe feeling you get when you get back on the streets of your neighbourhood after being away from home.

When I look at this list I feel happy, I smile and laugh and know life is good.

So I dare you to come up with a list of your own.  Put in writing at the top that you must feel good when you look at this list.  Because you know that even though things may seem bad...There are things that are really good in life.

Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment