Saturday, September 24, 2011

Life beliefs

Today, the topic I'll discuss is beliefs.  We all have them and they either get us ahead, but mostly they hold us back from our potential.  It's the reason why we are not getting to where we would like to be in our lives financially, emotionally, etc...  Always question your beliefs and how you've come to believe them.
In my life, I've told myself over the years I was changing my beliefs. If I told myself my sales goal was to be a certain amount of sales per month I would do everything I could try and get to that goal, except look at my beliefs. So I would write down my goal and tell myself daily I was going to reach a certain amount of sales per month. Something funny was happening though, I wasn't getting where I needed to be. I could never seem to improve on my past goals, I could see no improvement. It was a pattern, I would start off like a rocket only to go back to my old ways.
Then out of the blue, I figured out what the problem was. I was trying to get to my goal, yet my series of beliefs did not match up with my new goals.
 I had a certain set of beliefs on the following topics in my life that did not meet my goal in a positive way.
1.Self image
2.Customers
3. Products 
4.Economy
5.My industry

These are topics I must keep positive and healthy to reach my sales goals. If I have strong positive beliefs about everything except my customers guess what, no amount of wishing, visualizing or "laws of attraction" will get me closer to my goals.

Every single belief you have has you exactly were you are today. You behave, act and do things according to your beliefs. So here is what I'd like you to do, examine you beliefs and learn how you came to believe them.  Is it only an assumption?  Maybe your belief is bulit from people telling you over and over that something is the way it is.
In my industry I work with people who have the following beliefs:

-The economy is no good in this city anymore.
-Our customers don't have much money.
-Nobody wants to buy this.
-It's raining so business will be bad.
-We can't compete with the prices from up the street.

I always love showing people I'm working with that what they tend to believe is not true.  It doesn't matter which part of the country I'm in, many sales people have the exact same beliefs. When I can motivate and prove to people that their belief systems are totally fictional and only based on negative thinking they slowly change and get more excited, more competitive and their moods tends to improve. A belief can be changed in a year or as little as an hour.

Here is your call to action for today:

1. Examine strong beliefs starting in your career or business. Now ask yourself where did they come from?

2. Are your beliefs based on an assumption, something you've heard as a child or are they 100% factual.

3. Make the realization everything you believe makes you act, behave and do every move you make.

You have the power to change the bad beliefs in your life.
Stay motivated
Shane C.

No comments:

Post a Comment