Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never settle or else....


Last night I competed in my first public speaking contest and I placed in the top 3.  I will admit my competitive personality would have wanted #1 but I'm defiantly not bitter about it.  When it was all said and done my mind got to work and all I wanted to do was get better.  I could have decided to give up and say to myself that it wasn't worth it but it truly was worth the experience.

Sometimes in life when we work very hard at something and we don't get exactly what we want, we tend to shut down and accept that this is the best we will ever do and we will never amount to anything more.  This is simply a lie we tell ourselves.  The day we accept defeat against ourselves is the day we take two steps back in life.  Grieving a loss is perfectly normal but challenging yourself to do better is helps your grow.

Ask yourself:
"What is it I really want?"
When you truly find the answer make sure no matter what the outside world puts in your way to always go after it with full force.  Know that becoming one of the best at what you do gives you the biggest sense of satisfaction because not only will you be helping yourself but you will inspire others to follow in your footsteps.

Stay motivated
Shane C

No comments:

Post a Comment